I switched up my food schedule this week and made risotto last night and plan to make enchiladas tonight…no reason why, just felt like it! Not to toot my own horn, but the risotto last night was amazing!! I highly recommend this recipe if you are looking for a delicious gluten-free dish that is meatless. I don’t eat meat, but I certainly enjoy seafood on occasion.
1.5 Tbls EVOO 1 Tbls butter 1 Medium Onion
3 Cloves garlic
12 oz Risotto
1/2 cup Dry white wine
4 cups broth (Vegetable, Chicken, Beef)
1 lbs. Cooked shrimp (Wild Caught)
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. On medium heat, heat EVOO and melt butter in a large skillet. Sauté diced onion and fresh garlic (Side note – fresh garlic is SO MUCH better than minced garlic. If you are worried about your hands smelling after mincing it, rub your hands against the metal on your sink faucet as you wash your hands and it will go away).
2. Add Risotto to skillet while stirring ingredients. Once the risotto is translucent, add white wine and let it completely dissolve, while continuing to stir.
3. Toss in chopped asparagus and mushrooms.
4. Add 1 cup of broth. Continue to stir ingredients. Once the broth has fully dissolved and has cooked into the risotto, add another cup. Continue until all 4 cups have been added.
5. Add cooked shrimp and parmesan cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted and let ingredients cook together – about 5-7 minutes.
6. Serve with fresh pepper!
It’s healthy and hearty!