WHY am I eating only all-natural foods and ridding my diet of processed foods? That’s easy! The five main reasons:
1. Getting rid of processed foods from your diet will result in a variety of health benefits such as losing weight, having more energy, regulating yourself, mental clarity and just feeling happier and healthier. In additional, improving internal conditions will improve external conditions such as wrinkled skin and acne.
2. With all the easily accessible information, we should know exactly what’s being put into our bodies……and we should know what every ingredient is. If you can’t pronounce them, don’t you think a problem may start there (we are eating tons of chemicals). Why would you want to eat a product that can survive in the pantry for years – it never rots?
3. According to Michael Pollan‘s book, In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, coronary heart disease, diabetes, stroke and cancer are four of the top ten chronic diseases that kill most of us and “can be traced directly to the industrialization of our food.”
4. Also in Pollan’s book, In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, I learned how deceiving, what we typically think of ‘healthy”, foods actually are. Foods such as low fat, low carb, fat-free, sugar-free, etc., are the exact things that are making Americans unhealthy, sick, and fat.
5. Smart food choices now, even if they are expensive, will save you healthcare costs in the long run.
Below are the “rules” I am going to follow on my journey to extreme health!
I am creating weekly food charts to help make my week and grocery shopping easier. For the remainder of the first week of January, below is what I will be eating:
The New York City trip will be difficult, however I am going to pack my snacks so I don’t have any troubles! I am really looking forward to my trip